Monday, July 8, 2019

Monday~ A New Week and a Fresh Start...

It's Monday and a new week and a fresh start! I love fresh starts!!  

Today I am busy puttering my little cottage, tidying, watering the garden, doing laundry and all the other things that keep homes going.

Hopefully later I will get to get some soap made and knit a few dishcloths and continue to finish up on a lapghan I'm crocheting...

I feel blessed to have a roof over my head and a cottage to clean and care for...

I Have Found Such Joy
- by Grace Noll Crowell
I have found such joy in simple things;
A plain, clean room, a nut-brown loaf of bread
A cup of milk, a kettle as it sings,
The shelter of a roof above my head,
And in a leaf-laced square along the floor,
Where yellow sunlight glimmers through a door.
I have found such joy in things that fill
My quiet days: a curtain's blowing grace,
A potted plant upon my window sill,
A rose, fresh-cut and placed within a vase;
A table cleared, a lamp beside a chair,
And books I long have loved beside me there.
Oh, I have found such joys I wish I might
Tell every woman who goes seeking far
For some elusive, feverish delight,
That very close to home the great joys are:
The elemental things--old as the race,
Yet never, through the ages, commonplace.

Have a wonderful and joy~filled day!

XOXO,
Kelley



3 comments:

  1. Hello Kelley - its lovely to see the flowers blooming while we are in the middle of winter here. What a gorgeous verse you have shared today. I shall definately be following along with your lovely blog. Thanks so much for the lovely comment you left me over on my last post. Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, thank you so much! So glad I found you on Instagram! I love your blog and Instagram feed!

      Delete
  2. a very heartfelt verse there, it is so true though
    a lovely blog you have here too
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete